CQ Researcher is often the first source that librarians recommend when researchers are seeking original, comprehensive reporting and analysis on issues in the news.
· In-depth, weekly reports with unbiased coverage of health, social trends, criminal justice, international affairs, education, the environment, technology, and the economy.
· Each reader-friendly report includes an introductory overview; background/chronology; assessment of the current situation; tables/maps; pro/con statements from opposing positions; and bibliographies of key sources.
· Full-text access to reports dating back to 1923. PDF files are available for reports from January 1996-present.
· CiteNow!™, a unique tool that generates a citation for the CQ Researcher report in your choice of APA, Bluebook, Chicago, or MLA style.
· Find a topic, browse issues by topic.
· Background and supporting factual information.
· Read up on current issues in the news.
· Bibliographies/key sources leading to additional related research.
· Recent issues covered: “New Strategy in Iraq”, “Television’s Future”, “Slow Food Movement”, “Future of the Catholic Church”.
To access CQ Researcher Online, visit the H.M. Briggs Library web page and click “Research Databases”. Scroll down alphabetically to CQ Researcher and click. For more information, a research consultation, or off-campus access stop by the Library Information Desk or contact a Reference Librarian at: (605)688-5570, or E-mail the SDSU Librarians .