New for the Library: ILLiad = InterLibrary Loan internet accessible database
This summer the Briggs Library launched an advanced and efficient system to manage your interlibrary loan requests. We think you’ll like the new functionality that ILLiad provides:
- Enter your contact information just once when you set up your ILLiad account–no more repeated keying of personal data!
- Make interlibrary loan requests and check their status 24/7.
- Edit and resubmit canceled requests quickly, easily.
- Add notes and view staff annotations on your requests.
- Check your own account for due dates and history of past requests.
- Request renewals online at any time.
- Faculty can authorize student assistants or support staff to pick up requested materials.
- Web delivery of most requested photocopies.
What’s more, ILLiad will streamline the work of our ILL staff, which means a faster turn-around time for you. This system has its requirements, too, so ILL users will have to make a few adjustments, but they should be fairly painless. For example, everyone will need to use their official SDSU email account for all ILL. Details are addressed in the FAQ that accompanies the First Time Users screen. To create your account, go to http://illiad.sdstate.edu/illiad/logon.html or begin from the library homepage and click the link for “Library Request Forms.”
If you have concerns or questions about ILLiad, please contact the ILL Office at 688-5573 or SDSUILL@sdstate.edu.