SFX, a link resolver which facilitates electronic access to full-text articles has been available for use in Briggs Library.
It has been placed in the library home page as “Beta Version” next to the Magazines and Journals List link.
SFX is the most popular OpenURL link resolver for its context sensitive linking capabilities. 430 of 5337 academic libraries in the world use SFX as their OpenURL Link Resolvers. Significant numbers of libraries around the world have now implemented SFX link servers, including Library of Congress, Oxford University, and etc.
Some important features are highlighted as follows:
- With its context sensitive linking capabilities, SFX can link directly to the article level.
- It can integrate print journals to issue level, and direct users directly to holding information in the OPAC.
- The related objects feature in SFX can show journal title changes, related journals, and etc.
- It can be interoperatable well and compatible with Ex Libris’ Integrated Library System (ILS), ALEPH 500 as well as MetaLib, Ex Libris’ information portal product.
- It can browse a group of journals in a specific topic.
- It provides a better format of journal entries and the clean look of the interface.
Try to use SFX. If the electronic version is not available SFX will indicate if the library has the print version. Please share any questions or comments you have about this new way of accessing the library’s journal holdings. Contact us at: E-mail a Question.
Fei Xu, Integrated Systems Librarian